It was the best of times and it was the worst of times. It was our Junior year of our high school experience. It was in the distinct realm of orchestra class where we first met. She said hi to me one day, and I said hi back. That was the beginning. Our conversations continued to get better, of course. We became best friends and went on a lot of dates together, but never were "steady." I enjoyed being with Audrey more than anyone else.
We spent Junior Prom together
American Gothic: Posed by Matthew and Audrey Taylor (still Prom)One of the main reasons I wanted to come to BYU wasn't only for the great education, but also so that I could be close to Audrey. We men assort our priorities like that. We continued to be very close friends. We did go on dates with each other often and also with others, which tested my resistance to jealousy. We did this because we didn't want to get too serious, knowing that I was to choose to serve a mission for two years.
A date shortly before the mission (I try to refrain from having to explain in these pictures all my weird behavior in detail).Audrey wrote me about every other week on the mission. Not only did she continue to support me in the way of listening and verbal encouragement, but she also sent me and my companions some delicious baked goods which made my companions to think quite highly of her.
Audrey, at the same time, was having a blast herself.
After coming home, it took us both some readjustment of being with each other again. We were close friends again and had just as much fun as ever. I still had to fight a bit for her, but I see competition as a positive sign when it comes to the dating world, though there were enough guys for my taste that noticed how great Audrey is. I wanted the security of knowing that I had our relationship forever. To insure this, I merely* proposed to her. (*understatement)





Awwww! I love this tale! I haven't looked at blogs in a week and what to my great surprise, there is a Taylor post!
ReplyDeleteThis tale scares me a little since I have a son with a best friend and they are juniors and she looks a lot like Audrey....and.... and.... :) But I love the happy ending, so you know. It's probably all good. Like you guys.
Finally!!!! I love this! Now you are married...because you have a blog. Would you guys hurry up and finish the provo thing so you can move out here? By the way Matt-it takes a real man to write a blog. You're cute Audrey is one lucky duck! Sure love you guys! Miss you too! Come visit...tomorrow!
ReplyDeleteSo happy for you guys! :)
ReplyDeleteI love it! So sweet
ReplyDelete